Friday, January 27, 2006

Time to convene another ineffective panel on blogger ethics! (Or blothics...sorry)

I have major work to do, likely pulling an all nighter out of town, so no blogging tonight. Unless when I come back at some ungodly hour in the morning I manage to type something legible before I crash on the nearest available surface.

I did however want to mention something that has me a little worried about the condition of the other half of blog land or the blogosphere or whatever stupid thing it's called this week. It seems that one of the right wing sites I comment at frequently has gotten a new contributor that has seen fit to retroactively edit some comments I had left.

It wasn't anything substantive that was changed, just petty little changes to make me look stupid, if you look at the comments it's fairly obvious where the other "Author" has made his mark.

Little stuff, I know, but that's about the only thing I won't tolerate from bloggers, it's the height of dishonesty to misuse the small amount of power you are afforded as a blog writer.

Enough bitching, more than anything, I just want to go on record saying that as long as I maintain a site like this, I will allow comments from all commentators, of all ideologies, with any opinion, and I will not edit, alter, delete, or in any way modify any comments made to this blog save for deleting spam and the rare occurrence of someone requesting that I remove their own comment.

I will also not be banning anyone, for any reason except spamming.

There may not be anyone here, but goddamit, anyone that does come shouldn't have to worry about that sort of douchbaggery. I know my political views can be extreme to some people, but not so extreme that I'm unwilling to argue the merits of it or any other view like an intelligent human being. Anyway, off to work that isn't in front of a computer.

5 Comments:

Blogger teh l4m3 said...

Oh, you'll be banning me soon enough...

9:38 PM, January 27, 2006  
Blogger kender said...

Waawaawawaawa? Gurrrgglhur? Gugruhahhaallalawlal!!!

What a simpering whiny lil bitch....I bet you were trhe kind of kid that ran home to tell every time someone said a bad word huh?

4:47 PM, January 28, 2006  
Blogger kender said...

On a post that plainly states trolls may be deleted you stepped in and started whining about comments that were poking fun at another longstanding troll....you stuck your head up, crossed a well known pissy bastard and then wanna whine about?

I stand by the "made you eat your parents remark"......

8:23 PM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger Raven said...

EDIT ME
EDIT ME
EDIT ME
EDIT ME

LOL

3:42 PM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Timmah420 said...

You might want to write that one on a post it note and stick it to the screen the next time you post on your own site there, Raven.

:rimshot:

Really, I have an old copy of MS office you can just have. Use the spellchecker.

10:52 PM, February 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home